Saturday 4 October 2008

First Post and Hand Made Gifts



Well hello everyone - this is my first post on this blog site.  I'm not new to blogging .....I have a blog site on my mac website but since I have told very few people about it I shouldn't be surprised that no one reads it  ...should I?  Truthfully I am quite pleased really as I still feel very shy when I do post. Not sure why mind you as I really enjoy reading lots of other blogs.  Anyway I hope you enjoy mine.  

I am a forty something mother of 4 - 3 boys and 1 girl with an age span of 17 years. My youngest is 5 at the end of this month and my eldest is 22 after christmas. They are all great kids and with the young one at school now I have more time than I know what to do with .... wrong...... I still don't have enough time to everything I want.  I really enjoy sewing but I have a love of all things crafty. At the moment I have knitting, quilting, felting and card making on the go. I do have the attention span of a gnat so it good to have lots of things to do. I'll try and post a few pics of what I've been working on over the next few posts.

Yesterday I made this bag and card as a party gift. It came together really well and I'm very happy with the result. I put a feather boa, a Hawaiian dress up set and a couple of pre-cut felt dolls in the baggy. I hope the little girl likes it. Her birthday is Monday.  I am always dubious about home made gifts as I am not always sure if they are appreciated. I think this bag is cute though so hopefully this one will be.









No comments: